- Connecticut’s public schools : a history, 1650-2000, by Christopher Collier.
- Besieged: school boards and the future of education politics, by William G. Howell
- Sheff vs. O’Neill, Connecticut’s landmark desegregation case, by Stephen B. Delaney.
- A report on racial/ethnic equity and desegregation in Connecticut’s public schools, by the Committee on Racial Equity, appointed by the Commissioner of Education, Connecticut State Department of Education
- Democracy v. equality: legal and political struggles over school finance equalization, by Douglas S. Reed.