The BBC recently reported that the EU and Cuba have formally renewed ties that were severed 5 years ago following "a mass arrest of dissidents." Cuba will now receive 2 million Euros of aid for the hurricanes that swept over the island this summer; aid will increase to 30 million Euros next year.
The Yale Law Library purchases Cuban legal materials whenever possible, in both English and Spanish. You can find Cuban materials on the Lower East Side (LES), Call No. KGN. See, for example:
- The Role of the Judiciary in Post-Castro Cuba - KGH2545 .S26 2003
- Instrumentos internacionales sobre derechos humanos ratificados por Cuba - KGN3003 .I57 2001
- La protección del medio ambiente en Cuba - KGN3305 .A67 C66 2005
Of course we also collect interdisciplinary materials involving Cuba and the United States. Try a Subject Heading search in our Morris catalog:
- Cuba - Foreign Relations - United States; or
- Cuba - Foreign Economic Relations - United States
- When you pull up an item record on Morris, click on any of the Subjects Headings to view other related Subject Headings. Click again on any of the Subject Headings to find related books.
For a compilation of treaties involving Cuba, try another Subject Heading search: Cuba - Foreign Relations - Treaties . Also check out the new and improved United Nations Treaty Collection database. It's open-access and easy to search.
We also have a few Cuban DVDs:
- Lucia (1968) by Humberto Solas (one of my all-time favorites!)
- Quien Diablos es Julietta? (1967) by Carlos Marcovich
- Check IMDB for reviews: Lucia and Julietta