Law Library hours:
8am to 8pm Monday through Sunday.
Note: The Law School Building is open only to the YLS Community on weekends. The law library remains closed at all times to non-Yale users, due to ongoing COVID restrictions.
Circulation Desk hours:
9am - 8pm Monday through Sunday.
Reference Desk hours:
9am - 11am Virtual Reference Desk hours.
11am - 5pm On-site help in the Law Library.
- Our Librarians are committed to helping you with your research wherever you are.
- You can contact a Research Librarian via email at email@example.com (link sends e-mail) and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure our response goes to your inbox.
- You can speak to the Librarian on duty via our virtual reference desk (https://yale.zoom.us/my/ylsreference (link is external)). We are available virtually Monday-Friday via zoom 9am - 11am.
- You can also reach out to individual Librarians or make an appointment to meet via zoom at a day/time that is convenient for you at https://calendly.com/yllreference/research-consultation.
- Or visit us at the Reference Desk in the Law Library from 11am - 5pm, Monday through Friday.
You can make scan requests directly from the MORRIS catalog: click into the item record and then hit the Scan and Deliver button. You will be prompted to sign in with your net id and password, and then fill in a short request form detailing the pages you need etc.
Please only request material you need for the week’s reading, and give us as much notice as possible.
Scanning is limited by copyright restrictions.
Grab and Go Checkout continues to be available.
Enter the library on L3, make a left, and continue all the way down to the room at the end. Signs will tell you where you can pickup your books.
Please feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions.
We have increased our library of e-books, so that many of the titles you need may now be available to the Yale community.
Please follow our guide for accessing electronic books.
To request a physical book from the MORRIS law library catalog, click into the item record of the book you need, and then hit the request button. You will be prompted to sign in with your net id and password.