The Guide to Law Online, prepared by the Law Library of Congress Public Services Division, is an annotated guide to sources of information on government and law available online. It includes selected links to useful and reliable sites for legal information.
The Global Legal Monitor is an online publication from the Law Library of Congress covering legal news and developments worldwide. It is updated frequently and draws on information from official national legal publications and reliable press sources.
Laws and Legislation
Adopted by the Eighth National People’s Congress at its First Session on 31 March 1993. Unofficial Translation, For Reference Only.
The Macau Government information portal includes the official gazettes, national and regional legislation, text of treaties and agreements of which Macau is a party, as well as government agency information. The official languages of Macau, a Chinese Special Administrative Region, are Chinese and Portuguese. English translations of legislative texts are not readily available. Legislation is searchable by topic and source (government agency).
· PKULaw (ChinaLawInfo/LawInfoChina)
In Chinese and Portuguese. PDFs available.
· Macau Business Law and Legal System / Jorge A. F. Godinho. 2007.
· Anotação e comentario ao Código penal de Macau : legislação complementar, jurisprudência : parte geral = 澳門刑法典註釋及評述 : 補充法例, 司法見解 : 總論 / Manuel Leal-Henriques; Formador do Centro de Formação Juridica e Judiciária; Juiz Conselheiro Jubilado do Supremo Tribunal de Justiça de Portugal. 2014.
· Anotação e comentário ao código de processo penal de Macau / Manuel Leal-Henriques. 2013 -
· One country, two systems, three legal orders : perspectives of evolution : essays on Macau’s autonomy after the resumption of sovereignty by China / Jorge Costa Oliveira, Paulo Cardinal, editors. Springer. 2009.
· The Macau Penal Code: A Partial English Translation - Including Law 2/2006 on Money Laundering / Jorge A.F. Gordinho. Mar. 16 2009.
SSRN Working Paper Series. A partial English translation of the Penal Code of the Macau Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, approved by Decree-Law no. 58/95/M, of November 14.
· The Macau Commercial Code: an English unofficial translation / [translated from Portuguese by Jorge A.F. Gordinho]. Feb. 7, 2010
SSRN Working Paper Series. A partial English translation of the Commercial Code of the Macau Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.
· The Macau Civil Code - A Partial English Translation / Jorge A. F. Godinho. 2013
SSRN Working Paper Series. A partial English translation of the Civil Code of the Macau Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.