Library Space Restricted
The Law School building is closed this summer. If you require access to the Law Library and are approved to be on campus by completing Yale University requirements, please contact Interim Director, Jason Eiseman to make special arrangements. Please note that there will be ongoing physical work in the library all summer so access should be restricted to specific research needs that cannot be completed elsewhere. Library books can be returned at University Library drop boxes outside the Sterling and Bass Libraries.
Scan and Deliver
You can make scan requests directly from the MORRIS catalog: click into the item record and then hit the Scan and Deliver button. You will be prompted to sign in with your net id and password, and then fill in a short request form detailing the pages you need etc.
Scanning will be slower than usual, and we will not be able to rush requests. Please only request material you need for the week’s reading, and give us as much notice as possible.
Scanning is limited by copyright restrictions.
Getting Research Help
- Our Librarians are committed to helping you with your research even though we are not all on campus together. Please see below for all of the ways you can contact us.
- You can contact a Research Librarian via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) and add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure our response goes to your inbox.
- You can speak to the Librarian on duty via our virtual reference desk (https://yale.zoom.us/my/ylsreference (link is external)). We are available Monday-Friday via zoom 10a-1p and 2p-5p. All times EST.
- You can also reach out to individual Librarians or make an appointment to meet via zoom at a day/time that is convenient for you at /research-help-0.
- Please do not call the reference desk. We are unable to answers phone calls or respond to phone messages at this time.
We have increased our library of e-books, so that many of the titles you need should now be downloadable to the Yale community. We ask that e-books be your first resort during the summer.
Please follow our guide for accessing electronic books.
To request a physical book from the MORRIS law library catalog, click into the item record of the book you need, and then hit the request button. You will be prompted to sign in with your net id and password.
Grab and Go Checkout
Only law students approved to be in the law school building can pick up books from our contactless checkout location during the summer. Remember, pick up is NOT available at weekends.
Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.