For all books students should begin with the following online sources before requesting a physical book.
1. Is it already available as an ebook to the Yale community?:
a. Search Books+ to locate online books.
b. Students must be on the Yale network, using VPN, to access most online books.
2. Is it available from HathiTrust?:
a. Search HathiTrust.
3. Do you know the publisher?
If you are logged into VPN you may be able to access e-books directly on the publisher’s sites:
- Oxford modules: Oxford Handbooks Online: Law; Oxford Scholarship Online
- Cambridge Books Online – full text Cambridge Law journals and e-books
- Springer Link – full text of selective Springer journals and e-books
- Elgar Online – online access to law titles and select business, economics, and social sciences titles from Edward Elgar Publishing
4. Try to ILL it:
Please note: we are only submitting requests for chapters from books which may be available, not entire books. Some other libraries with electronic access may be able to share chapters but we cannot guarantee fulfillment at this time.
a. Get a Table of Contents from Amazon, Google Books, or other source or contact a reference librarian to locate one.
b. Submit an ILL request for desired chapter(s) through the existing Yale form.