The law library and the East Asian Library provide access to a wide range of electronic resources useful for conducting Chinese legal research.
Finding laws and regulations
These databases offer bilingual searching functionality but coverage of contents is much broader in the Chinese sites:
In English only:
- China law and practice (also available in Westlaw) - the database offers good English translation of major business-related laws and practice-oriented commentaries
A small selection of cases is included in these databases primarily in Chinese and very selectively in English.
Finding journal articles
- Chinalawinfo – The journal collection offers searching in English, full text in Chinese only
- Chinese Academic Journal (CAJ) – it is part of the CNKI knowledge database with bilingual searching functionality and abstracts in English. Full text articles, however, are available in Chinese only.
- Wanfang’s Chinese online journals (COJ) – full text in Chinese
- Frontiers of law in China(Springerlink) – it provides English translation of selective noteworthy journal articles published in Chinese legal journals
- JSTOR - includes interdisciplinary East Asian studies journals such as the China Quarterly, China Journal and Modern China
- HeinOnline - includes US and non-US law reviews such as Columbia J of Asian Law, U Penn's East Asia Law Review and UCLA Asian Pacific American Law Journal
- SSRN Asian law ejournals
- People’s Daily online
- South China Morning Post (also available in Westlaw)
- China Core Newspaper (CNKI) – Chinese only
- Library Pressdisplay – The global newspaper database includes recent issues of SCMP and other China-related newspapers in English and Chinese
Finding statistical data
- China Data online
- Chinalawinfo – includes selective volumes of the law yearbook
- China Yearbook online – only the “Economics and Management” database is included in the University subscription
- China Infobank