The Law Library has prepared a book display in the Reading Room on L3 entitled “Constitutionalism: Global and Comparative Perspectives.” This book display accompanies the 2022-2023 Robert P. Anderson Memorial Fellowship Lecture on “The Challenges to Constitutionalism,” a program featuring Justice Susanne Baer of the German Constitutional Court and President Emeritus Marta Cartabia of the Italian Constitutional Court moderated by Professor Judith Resnik. Their conversation will touch on the issues of climate change, COVID, gender inequality, and incarceration.
The book display highlights publications by the speakers, the Yale Global Constitutionalism series, titles about the Italian and German constitutions, respectively, and a sample of publictions on comparative constitutional law.
Featured publications include:
- Global Constitutionalism Seminar, Yale Law School, Global Constitutionalism Seminar Series (1996- )
- Marta Cartabia, Nicola Lupo, The Constitution of Italy. A Contextual Analysis (2022)
- Vittoria Barsotti, Paolo G. Carozza, Marta Cartabia e Andrea Simoncini (a cura di), Dialogues on Italian Constitutional Justice. A Comparative Perspective (2020)
- Norman Dorsen, Michel Rosenfeld, András Sajó, Susanne Baer, Susanna Mancini, Comparative Constitutionalism: Cases and Materials (2016)
- Vittoria Barsotti, Paolo G. Carozza, Marta Cartabia, Andrea Simoncini, Italian Constitutional Justice in Global Context (2015)
- G. Pitruzzella, O. Pollicino, M. Bassini (a cura di); prefazione di Marta Cartabia, Corti europee e democrazia: rule of law, indipendenza e accountability (2019)
- Birgit Schweikert and Susanne Baer, Das neue Gewaltschutzrecht (2022)
- Susanne Baer, Rechtssoziologie : eine Einführung in die interdisziplinäre Rechtsforschung (2021)
- Marta Cartabia and Andrea Simoncini (editors), Pope Benedict XVI’s Legal Thought: A Dialogue on the Foundation of Law (2015) (and the Italian version)
- Marta Cartabia, Nicola Lupo, Andrea Simoncini (editors), Democracy and Subsidiarity in the EU: National Parliaments, Regions and Civil Society in the Decision-Making Process (2013)
- Judith Resnik and Dennis Curtis, Representing Justice: Invention, Controversy, and Rights in City-States and Democratic Courtrooms (2011)
- Marta Cartabia and Marilena Gennusa, Le fonti europee e il diritto italiano (2011)
- Susanne Baer, Würde oder Gleichheit? : zur angemessenen grundrechtlichen Konzeption von Recht gegen Diskriminierung am Beispiel sexueller Belästigung am Arbeitsplatz in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland und den USA (1995)
To find more titles on the subject, please explore our MORRIS catalog and discover our holdings on constitutional law for a particular jurisdiction, constitutionalism, and comparative constitutional law by using subject headings.
- Constitutional Law – Germany
- Constitutional Law – Italy
- Comparative Constitutional Law (SH: Comparative Law + KW: Constitution)
This book display was prepared by Lucie Olejnikova and Nicholas Mignanelli.